Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Tiny Step

I have felt so inspired by my great friends at The Skinny that today my lunch contains a banana, carrot sticks, a miniature orange, and a very small bag of Cheez-Its. Plus a lot of water to drink.

I also ran about a mile today, which is sometimes hard to get the motivation to do when it is raining outside.

Feeling so good! I can't wait to try adding fresh lemon juice and cinnamon to more foods. Thanks to Marae for the tips!

Does anybody know of other helpful things to boost metabolism? I am a firm believer that plenty of water (as in about half your body weight # of ounces daily) is a major helper. So what else works?

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

All I know I've already said on The Skinny. :) I'm excited for your post next Monday!

Eryn said...

Yeah for running!!! I have heard that it is good to eat a banana before you excersise. Also...If you something every 2-3hrs its better for your stomach. OH....and I have heard that if you drink lots of water before you eat, it helps you feel more full. like 30mins before you eat :)