Friday, January 15, 2010

My name is Emily and I am a runner.

This morning I ran 3 miles with my friend Aubrie. She has to run early in the mornings while her husband is still home with the kiddos. I usually run whenever I happen to roll out of bed... and that is usually not at 6:30am. However, that is when we met to walk up to the track and get in our miles today. Despite the early hour, the weather was perfect and we had a great run! I love having a good conversation to distract from the work. She helped me think of running tips to write about for The Skinny (you know, that blog full of really intelligent and inspiring people who are reaching for greater heights with their fitness and eating habits). The last two laps we decided to run faster to really make it worth it, though. Great workout. It was wonderful to return home and be ready for the day. It reminded me of all the beautiful summer mornings that we spent running together just months ago. Running helps me to feel energized and ready to conquer whatever comes. I get excited just thinking about it and sometimes I dream about it at night. That's how I know I've become a runner, and that's why I just updated my "About Me" section of my profile.

On a somewhat related note, I want to say hello and welcome to my new followers. I am very excited to become more acquainted with you through my posts and your comments.

3 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Wow. Way to go Emily. Uh... I went for a walk today? It seems lame in comparison, especially since half the time we were out consisted of me having to stop and feed the big O since I realized after we left that I hadn't fed her when she woke up from her nap. Ah well. Seriously though, I am really so impressed.

Aiden said...

Wow. That is awesome. Today I sat in my pajamas until six reading Jane Austen. I feel so ashamed now..... :-)

Kathy Haynie said...

I wonder if I will ever be able to introduce myself and say, "Hi, my name is Kathy and I am a runner"? That would be way cool. Good for you, Emily!