Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Moment for Thanks

     You know how sometimes it just seems like time flies by too quickly? That's been happening to me recently. I barely blink and a week has gone by since I posted here on my little blog. Yes, I've been busy with my new job, but I've also been loving the regularity of life. Sometimes it just feels great to have a routine. I do my daytime things (including running about every other day), then make some dinner and eat it with Eric, and then we just chill out together to some TV or a movie--most recently we have been working our way through the Harry Potter movies (for the who-knows-what-number-th time). Last night we began The Goblet of Fire. Then we hunker down for sleep and I look forward to another regular day filled with similar things.
     I've been reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and it really makes me appreciate how boring my life is sometimes. That seems strange, but it is a real comfort to not have emergencies and heartbreaking situations surrounding me. I realize things like this are sometimes exaggerated in books, but I also know that lots of families (including my own) go through challenging times that really do seem that bad. The peace comes in knowing that we get through it and the troubles eventually pass. So what I'm really trying to say today is that I am grateful for this peaceful time in my life. I appreciate it now especially because it has not always been so peaceful and because I know that there are inevitable obstacles in my future. However, more than any of these things I know that along with family and friends surrounding me, my Father in Heaven is always helping me. And it is always the right time to stop and thank God for all His blessings.

No comments: