Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One Hour at a Time

Today was an endurance test of its own. I started the day at 6:30am with a 2-mile run. Then I cleaned myself up for my first day of a special babysitting job. I get to watch a sweet little 3 month-old baby girl in my home three times a week. I know the family from church and they are wonderful to let me have this opportunity to learn more about caring for a baby. She's a doll. Yes, she cries sometimes and there were a couple times today that I wondered what I was supposed to do to make her happy. Overall, I liked it. I didn't love it quite like I loved my run this morning, but I still really look forward to having my own baby one day. When her daddy picked her up this afternoon, I was ready for my own nap. Whew! Now I'm at the office helping Eric get ready for our guest meeting. It's been a long and exciting day. Tomorrow will be a much needed (since I'm still sore from a Pilates workout I did on Monday night) rest day from running. But I will be back on the track Friday!

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Good for you for working out and babysitting Em! And trust me when I say that taking care of your own kids is easier. Especially when it's a little baby like that.