Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Give Blood!

So, I donated blood on Monday and fell in love with it again. It wasn't the easiest experience, but it reminded me that it is so important. I usually have zero issues, but for some reason this time my blood just wasn't getting through the needle very fast. The phlebotomist guy said something about the bevel of the needle pushing against the wall of my vein. Whatever. It's just one way I can give of myself... literally. Besides tingly fingers for a moment at the end, it was no big deal. PLUS... the Red Cross just started this sweet rewards program!!! I logged on and found out that I had accumulated a grand total of 1150 points, which allowed me to order this excellent long-sleeve t-shirt for free! Woohoo! I am excited. It's a great program because it shows you all your previous donations and keeps track of your points and lets you shop the online prize store. FUN! I already recommend donating blood, but now there is even more incentive to do it. So donate blood, give the gift of life!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Cool, Em. I'm a supporter already, too, but I also LOVE getting free stuff.

Stephanie and Todd said...

Sweet! What's the web address so I can check?

emmalou said...

Great question, Steph. Silly of me to forget that. Here it is: RedCrossBlood.org/pnw. I'm guessing that's for the Pacific Northwest Region. I'm not sure if other regions are doing it too, but I hope so!