Monday, August 31, 2009

I LOVE KOHL'S

So here is my exciting and happy news:
I harvested about 12 cherry tomatoes from my plant. That was a few weeks ago and I'm about to harvest more in the next couple days. There are 3 tomatoes on my other plant that are starting to ripen as well. Their variety is medium-sized, but they look huge! I'm very excited and proud of my plants. Here is a picture of the cherry tomatoes. Sorry it's a little blurry. Now for even MORE happy and exciting news!!!
I am excited to display my super finds from Kohl's and JC Penney. I had basically $110 to spend on new running stuff for my birthday as gifts from parents. Now this is about what it would cost to buy new running shoes from a specialty running store. I saw a pair on clearance for $55, but I wasn't willing to spend that much. So I found some great Asics at JC Penney for only $40 (marked down from $70). Then I took the remainder of the money to Kohl's and shopped the clearance racks. I fell in LOVE with the clothes I found. As you can see in the picture, I got capris, long-shorts, a tank top, a t-shirt, a jacket, and 2 sports bras--all specially for running. AND three of those items were Nike brand! So... here's the real shocker: I spent the $70 I had left, SAVED $180 from the retail prices, and they still gave me a Kohl's cash card for $10! I averaged $10/item on the clothing, so I should be able to get one last item and only spent about 50 cents. An added bonus is that I feel great in my new running clothes and I am running faster! Hooray!

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Whoa. Way to go! I'm super impressed by your yummy-looking tomatoes as well as your really cute running clothes. I'm glad you found some cheap ones that you like! And I totally agree about performing better in nicer clothes. I always enjoyed running more when I wasn't in my frump-o-mania outfits. Yay you!