Monday, September 21, 2009

Something of Real Worth


I have to start out by saying that this post was inspired by my friend Katie's writing blog. Anyway, she wrote a poem sort of about nothing and it made me think of the rather meaningless things I blog about. There are lots of blogs out there that are really meaningful and have a lot of purpose. Mine has not been one of those. Now I'm not really sure who all views my blog, but I would hope that whoever views my blog--be it a stranger or a good, long-time friend--would be able to see the type of person I am. So for the record, I'd like to post something of real worth.

I believe in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I am a child of God, here on the earth to learn the lessons of mortality and strive to return to live with my Heavenly Father. I can be with my family forever because of the priesthood power that was restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. I believe in the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Jesus Christ came to the earth, lived a sinless life, and atoned for all the sins of mankind. I can repent and be forgiven of my short-comings as I turn to Jesus Christ. As I strive every day to do my best with an honest heart, it is sufficient for His grace. My Heavenly Father promises me guidance and blessings beyond measure as I keep His commandments and seek to do His will. This testimony I treasure in my heart and share with you in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments: