Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Working the weight off

So I have switched up my exercise routine again. Now on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I run a mile on the track, sprinting the corners. Tuesdays and Thursdays I just jog about 3 miles. I might increase that as I go. I'm trying to find the right balance between not enough and too much. So far the weight loss has been going well; I'm down 9 pounds since I started really working on it. I have a benchmark weight goal to be 141 by our anniversary (next Wednesday). I've got 2 pounds to go. I'm not sure what a healthy rate of weight loss is, but that seems do-able considering the past week I lost 2 pounds.
I feel like I'm well on my way to my goal weight of 135, which is what I weighed in high school. But really my biggest goal is to have a healthy weight and a fitness level I can feel good about. I know I'm in better shape now than I was in high school, so the actual weight is kind of a poor measure to go by. Oh well. I know there are still things to improve in my fitness and I will keep going until I feel like I'm at a point where I just need to maintain it. That's my plan, anyway.

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Wow, good for you Em! Man, if only I could automatically weight what I did in high school after this baby is born. Ha! That would be great. Once again, too bad we don't live close so you could help me get in shape again. Oh well. Are you guys coming to Utah at all this summer? If you are and you have time to stop in, be sure to let me know. Okay, well, good luck running! And Happy Anniversary (almost)! :)