Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bob's Red Mill

Today I went on my first official trip to Bob's Red Mill. I've been surrounded by things from that place my whole life, but today was my inaugural purchase. I found a coupon for BUY 2 ITEMS, GET THE THIRD FREE. I wasn't sure what I would buy, but when I walked in I saw multiple flours, mixes, and goodies I would love to try out. I settled on a bag of aluminum-free baking powder (I realized yesterday that mine had expired), medium-grit cornmeal, and soy protein powder. With the coupon it worked out great... the baking powder was free, even though it wasn't the cheapest item! Plus I've always wanted to make cornbread from scratch. AND I've been wanting to do protein shakes on the mornings when I run distances, but breakfast shake mixes are not very cheap. This protein powder was cheaper than the cheapest option at the regular grocery store and it gives me more options than just mixing it with milk. SCORE! It was a lot of fun to venture over to Milwaukie and check out Bob's Red Mill. It definitely made me feel even more like an Oregonian. What a great place!

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I have only been there once, but I enjoyed every moment of it. I didn't purchase any of their packaged foods, but I did have lunch there with a friend and I remember it tasted really good. And I even spotted Bob himself while I was there. Next time I'm in Oregon we will have to go back. In the mean time, good luck with your cornbread and protein shakes.

Erica and Spencer said...

I love Bob's! They have great stuff there!