Monday, October 13, 2008

Buse Street

We are happily moved into our new place--the duplex on Buse. The housing drama is over and our cozy little home is wonderful. What else can I say? I'm pleased as a peach. :)

I wonder what this apartment will mean to me in the future when I look back on it. I think of the last place where we were so happy to be back in Oregon that we accepted living in a perpetual wetness. The place before that was back in Utah and we always felt like we were on vacation because for those 3 short months of summer we swam in the pool and relaxed in the hot tub almost every night. Then before that was our first place. Our first home together. We became our own family there, unified but not isolated. I felt like part of a new world of families and adults with future careers, children, goals, and dreams. What a beginning! And the beginning continues. I wonder when things stop feeling like a starting point, a new place from which to plunge forward into a bright future.

In any case, each place has revealed a part of my character and identity. Discovering that connection and making memories in this new home will give me great satisfaction. And I begin again.

No comments: