Monday, October 12, 2009

Leavenworth Marathon 2009

Well... my pictures posted in the opposite order I wanted them. In the future I will take the time to figure out how to get them how I want them, but this post is long overdue. So here it is!
On our way up to Leavenworth we spent the day in Mt. Rainier National Park. There's a picture of me inside a fallen 1000-year old tree. Pretty neat. Then the race day was great in cute little Leavenworth. It was a chilly 32 degrees when we started, but it warmed up to a comfortable 60 degrees. I took 5 hours and 13 minutes to jog 26.2 miles with minimal walking. There is a picture of me and my running partner Juliette after about 17 miles. We each finished 5th in our categories. :) Then you can see my excitement when I am finished with the race--two thumbs up! The day after the race Eric and I hung out in Seattle and took pictures at the Seattle Temple. It was a beautiful day in Seattle. Who knew it was ever sunny in Seattle?! What a great trip! Wish I had time to write more, but I gotta go make dinner!














2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I can't believe you ran a marathon! Way to go!

Dorothy said...

Congratulations, Emily! What an amazing accomplishment! I know it's been several days since you ran the marathon, but I bet you still feel GREAT every time you think of it. :) (You should!)