Wednesday, April 22, 2009

VOLLEYBALL!

On Monday night my mom and I decided to try out West Linn Adult Co-Ed Volleyball. When we first arrived the guy in charge came up to me and said, "We'll let it slide tonight, but usually we only allow people over 18 to play." HA! So I replied, "Oh, no worries; I'm 22. I graduated from college two years ago." Funny. I guess I looked young to him. :) But then we got into a team of 4 and we won most of the games we played. I was really proud of Mom because she was totally in the game and going for the ball even if it looked hopeless. She was diving all over the place and made a bunch of great saves for our team! It was a fun challenge for me to show the rest of the players that even though I look young, I have a lot in me. I had some awesome serves and hits. Me, a hitter, on a men's height net! It was a great workout and we loved it. And we are both still sore today. A great bonus is that it only costs a dollar a person and it is every Monday night until the end of June. WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Oh man. So many terrible memories of YW volleyball are flooding back right now. My great serving (as in hitting the ball) abilities aside, those games were terrible.

emmalou said...

You and Traci both must have had one crazy experience with YW volleyball, because I just remember it being really fun and my ward won a lot.