Wednesday, December 31, 2008

BABY MANIA!

Is it just my perception or is everybody in the world having a baby soon? Let's see how many pregnancies I know about... 2 at church, 3 old friends, and 2 in Utah. No wait... make it 4 old friends. And that's not even counting the people I know who plan to get pregnant soon (about 3 or 4). Is this normal? I guess I have crossed into that stage of life where I am surrounded by people having babies. It wouldn 't be such a big deal if it didn't make me pine over having one of my own.
I see a baby and feel convinced that it is the thing I want the most right now. Then I push the thought aside and say it's not time yet. I'm not all emotional about it, but I feel a twinge of jealousy each time I hear about another lady who's expecting. My mom says it's the nesting instinct. That kind of makes it sound cooler than being "baby hungry." But that's what I am--I have a place in me that is filled when I give. Helping in the Nursery at church, sometimes a kid will just want someone to hold them. That's my favorite part. I feel so needed. So I will let the nursery children be my surrogate children until it's really my time to be a mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly! Enjoy the moments of nursery where at the end of the two hours you can send them to their moms, go home and take a nap or watch a movie without having it have to be some Disney Princess show you have seen a million times!!! Once you have them, you can't ever go back!!! I will admit, that I did feel just as you did before London came, so you are completely normal, but what will maybe make you feel better is the fact that this year when you are in Hotlanta enjoying convention I will be recovering from a C-section at home--alone!!! Hope you guys have a rockin New Year (without having to worry about grumpy kids that are up way past their bedtime!) Love ya!

Stephanie and Todd said...

Sorry I added to this!! Don't worry, your time will come :)