Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!

Did you know you can get all kinds of great things for free when it's your birthday? Well... I'm experiencing it this week. My birthday is officially not until Monday (yes, you still have time to get me something) but a lot of things you can sign up and receive the coupon in your e-mail. Most of the coupons can be used anytime near your birthday--it doesn't have to be redeemed on your birthday. That would just be too much. Wait, what am I saying?! That would be crazy fun if you have the time and appetite for it.

Now you are probably thinking, I don't want to sign up and get a bunch of junk in my inbox. Personally, I don't mind. I sign up, get my coupons, and then unsubscribe from everything. But if that is too much work for you, would it be easier to just set up a free e-mail account specifically for things like that? Go for it.

So what are some things you can get for free for your birthday? Just let me tell you some of my favorites!
  • Red Robin - free gourmet burger, plus they give you a free ice cream sundae if you let them sing to you while you have balloons on your ears. I did this yesterday, so let me demonstrate with a photo:
  • Cold Stone - free Like It size creation (ice cream with one mix-in) in a dish.
  • Famous Dave's BBQ - anything from a free dessert to a free All-American feast. Sign up for their P.I.G. club and take your e-mail with prize code to redeem. My code was for a full slab of ribs, $22.99 value. It is 12 bones and comes with cornbread, corn-on-the-cob, and your choice of two sides. Eric and I split this tonight and we both were filled to the brim.
  • I can't believe this was all FREE!
  • Jack in the Box - free dessert, but it is only valid on your birthday.
  • Denny's - free Grand Slam.
  • Dairy Queen - free blizzard. This one isn't quite as sweet a deal as the others because it really is just a BOGO coupon, but I happen to have a soft spot for the Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard (Oreos instead of pecans, of course).
  • Baskin Robbins - one free scoop. Yes, you can never have too much free ice cream on your birthday.
Well, I think that's all I signed up for. I'm making my 24th birthday one to remember. After all, I will only be a child for so much longer. Eric's birthday is only a few weeks away and we will do this all over again! But he's turning the big 2-5 (not so much a child, but still a little bit). Birthdays are so thrilling. Cheers to all!

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Ooh, I didn't know about some of these. Too bad mine and Bryan's birthdays are already past for this year.

Happy Birthday to you! :)