Saturday, January 24, 2009

My one person book club

So I've been reading a lot of books since this summer. I'm not sure what reminded me that I love reading. Maybe it was when I heard about a couple of the books some ladies at church were reading for their book club. Maybe it was when I got hooked on the Twilight books. Maybe it was when I realized what a pleasant walk it is down the hill to the library. Whatever it was, I am thankful for it! Reading is a great use of my time and I really enjoy it.
I have recently been into Jane Austen--not really a quick read. I read Persuasion and it took me like 2 weeks (and it looked like the thinnest option of her books on the shelf). I'm reading Emma and the writing is a fun challenge. So while I'm not getting through books as quickly as I usually do, I'm liking the experience. However, I look forward to my quick reads that are piling up as I take my time with this one.

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

I am quite proud of you for reading. I ought to start doing something productive like that too.